City Assessor 

1000 W Cedar Ave
Gladwin, Michigan 48624
Phone: (989) 426-9231 Ext. 15
Fax: (989) 426-6942

E-Mail the Assessor


Whether you are a first-time homeowner or an investor acquiring several parcels of property, the property tax system in the State of Michigan can make a significant impact on an operating or household budget. Many times, property taxes can radically increase following a transfer in ownership or they may decrease due to the property becoming a full-time residence.

No matter the situation, it is important that taxpayers are well-educated on the impact property taxes can have. As tax amounts can vary greatly from one property to the next depending on the value, age, and the number of years the current owner has possessed the property, it is best to contact the local unit assessor to find out how taxes are computed and to file for the Principal Residence Exemption available to Michigan residents that own and occupy a homestead in that city or township.

It is also important that property information is up to date, so if you need to file for a Principal Residence Exemption or you need to rescind (remove) that exemption because the property is no longer your full-time residence, you should also contact your local unit assessor. The forms to request a Principal Residence Exemption or to Rescind a Principal Residence Exemption can be found in the Sub Menu of this page.

Assessment information is public information and is available for inspection at Gladwin City Hall, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and is also available online click here. Please Note: This information ONLY applies to properties within the Gladwin City limits. If you are looking for information on property outside the City limits, you will need to contact the Township Clerk for the township where the property is located. For a list of Gladwin County Townships and contact information, click here.

If you have questions regarding property within the City limits and are unable to find the answer on this website or elsewhere online, or you need general tax law information, contact the City Assessor at (989) 426-9231, Extension 15. You can also e-mail the Assessor at

The State of Michigan website, is also at your disposal for various laws pertaining to property taxes and various information contacts at the Department of Treasury and Michigan Tax Tribunal.

Related links can be found in the Sub Menu of this page.