Trash & Recycling
To ensure collection, please have your cart curbside by 6:00 a.m. on collection day with the handle facing away from the street.
- Place your cart within four (4) feet of the roadway, away from parked cars or other obstructions. If you have more than one cart, please keep them separated.
- Call the Utility Department at 426-9231, ext. 10 to obtain an additional cart if your trash will not fit into your cart with the lid properly closed. The monthly cost for an extra cart is $6.50.
- One BULK ITEM is allowed for pickup each week. A bulk item is defined as an appliance (with Freon), furniture, television, plumbing fixtures, up to three (3) cut tires, and building materials bundled not exceeding 40 pounds and no more than three feet in length. Carpeting should be rolled and tied, length not to exceed four feet, and not to exceed one foot.
- Waste Management trucks do not operate on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas. If your pickup day falls on or after the holiday in the same week, your pickup day will be one day later than normal.
You are allowed to put out one (1) large Item each week alongside your Trash Cart.
Recycling bins are available upon request at City Hall. See enclosed calendar for scheduled pick up days (typically every other Friday of the month). Residents should have bins curbside by 6:00 a.m. the day of collection to ensure pickup. Information on recyclables is enclosed in this packet and is also available online. If you have any questions regarding the recycling program, please call the Utility Department @ 426-9231, ext. 10.
Recyclable Items are:
- Clear Glass, Paper, Flattened Cardboard & Paperboard, Paper & Newspapers
- Clean Plastic Bottles & Containers
- Chasing Arrows Item#'s 1,2, & 3
- Clean Food & Beverage Cans and Containers
Things that WILL NOT be collected for Recycling*
- Take-Out Pizza Boxes
- Building Materials
- Metal such as fencing and pipe/fittings (food & beverage cans are ok)
- Feminine Products
- Plastic Bags
*Putting these items in your recycling may cause the driver to pass by your stop until the next time.