Highland Cemetery Clerk
Highland Cemetery is located at Cemetery St and S City Limits St (Buzzell Rd).
The City assumed ownership of Highland Cemetery in 1894.
The Chapel was completed in October of 1978.
Highland Cemetery consists of 29.5 acres and has over 10,000 graves.
- Cemetery hours are sunrise to sunset
- All winter decorations must be removed before April 1st of each year
- All summer decorations must be removed before October 1st of each year
- The City of Gladwin shall remove flowers, wreaths, blankets, pillows, etc. twice per year.
- Annual Spring cleanup is between April 2nd & May 15th (Winter decorations must be removed by April 1st)
- Annual Fall cleanup is between October 2nd & October 31st (Summer decorations must be removed by October 1st)
- Any item placed in the cemetery shall be placed in line with the existing row of headstones so as not to hamper mowing duties
- All funeral flowers must be removed within ten (10) days of the funeral, otherwise, they may be removed and discarded by the City
- The City of Gladwin shall not be liable for loss or breakage of floral pieces, baskets, pots or frames in which, or to which, such floral pieces are attached or contained beyond the day of burial
- No enclosures shall be permitted around plots
- Surfaces other than sod are prohibited
- Foundations shall be installed by the City of Gladwin or by a pre-approved monument company
Cemetery Rules, Rates & Fees, Maps, and Related links can be found in the Sub Menu of this page.
For Printable Interment and Foundation Request forms, click the link below:
Interment Authorization Form
Foundation Request Form
If you have any Cemetery related questions or need further information please feel free to contact the Cemetery Clerk.