YARD WASTE & BRUSH CHIPPING
IMPORTANT: Yard Waste collection & Brush Chipping dates on the schedule indicate when the service BEGINS. The DPW cannot complete these services for the entire city in a single day, so please allow workers enough time to get to your property. Also, if you are unable to have your items out by 7:00 am the day service begins, set them out the night before to ensure they don't get missed.
The City collects yard waste and chips brush for Residential Properties ONLY. If your property gets passed by, see the information below to ensure you have followed the proper guidelines before you contact City Hall.
If you have any questions or need more information, Contact Karen, the Utility Billing Clerk @ (989) 426-9231, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yard Waste Collection/Brush Chipping Schedule
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
Yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, pine needles, weeds, and spent flowers.
The City DPW collects yard waste for residential properties only. Yard Waste collection usually begins the 2nd and 4th Wednesday during the months of April, May, September & October, and the 4th Wednesday during the months of June, July & August. The November collection will be determined by the weather. (see Collection Schedule above)
- Yard Waste must be contained in compostable paper bags made for yard waste (available at most hardware stores and can be purchased at City Hall if still available), yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected
- Bags must be curbside by 7:00 am the morning of collection, please set out the night before if necessary
- NO branches, limbs, stumps, root balls, dirt, rocks, dog feces, or landscaping items allowed
- Please be aware of possible rain in the forecast when setting yard waste bags out. Heavy or large amounts of rain cause the bags to get wet and fall apart. Keep them protected by a tarp or under some form of shelter until closer to collection if possible
The City DPW chips brush for residential properties only. Brush chipping usually begins the last full workweek during the months of April through October. (see Collection Schedule above)
- Have your brush out by 7:00 am or the night before if necessary
- The DPW crew will make one pass only for pickup at each residence
- Brush should be placed with the cut ends to the road, and not in bundles larger than an armful
- Brush chipping is for TRIMMINGS ONLY no larger than 3" in diameter, Not whole trees
- Chipping is for clean up only not for lot clearing or commercial properties
- NO root balls, grass, dog feces, dirt clumps, construction materials (e.g. building wood, posts, rails, fencing, nails, or metals) allowed
Not following these guidelines will result in the DPW passing your residence until the next scheduled date.ACCEPTABLE