TRASH & RECYCLING
Trash Collection for the City of Gladwin is provided by Waste Management.
Trash is collected every Thursday. You can find the Collection Schedule here.
Waste Management trucks do not operate on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day. If the Holiday falls on a weekday Monday - Friday, you will experience a one day delay for pickup that week.
Important things to remember about Trash Collection:
- Trash must be bagged and placed in the Solid Green Waste Management Cart and the lid must be able to close completely
- Trash should be completely contained in the cart and not be sticking out, hanging over the sides, or overflowing
- If your household produces too much refuse to be contained in one cart, additional carts are available through the Utility Billing Clerk. A fee of $6.50/month for each additional cart will be added to your bill.
- Carts must be curbside by 6:00 a.m. to ensure collection
- Carts are to be placed within 4 feet of the roadway, away from parked cars or other obstructions
- If you have more than one cart, place them at least 3’ apart
- One Bulk Item is allowed for pickup each week such as a/an appliance, piece of furniture, television, plumbing fixture, up to three cut tires, building materials bundled not exceeding 40 pounds & no more than 3 feet in length, Carpeting that is rolled & tied not to exceed 4 feet in length or 1 foot in diameter
- Carts are not to be left curbside, they should be removed as soon as possible after being emptied
Recycling collection for the City of Gladwin is provided by Waste Management.
Recycling is collected every-other Friday. You can find the Collection Schedule here.
Waste Management trucks do not operate on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day. If your normal pickup day falls on or after one of the above days in the same week, you will experience a one day delay for pickup.
Important things to remember about Recycling Collection:
- Bins and carts must be placed curbside by 6:00 a.m. the day of collection
- If you are unable to have your cart out by 6:00 am, set it out the night before to ensure collection
- Place carts within 4 feet of the roadway, away from parked cars or other obstructions
- Small Recycling totes are available for pickup at City Hall and the Large Green Recycling Carts with Yellow lids are available for delivery upon request through the Utility Billing Clerk