GARAGE SALE INFORMATION
RUMMAGE, YARD & GARAGE SALE PERMITS
PERMITS ARE $3.00 each & MUST BE OBTAINED AT CITY HALL
City-Wide Permit-Free Weekend for 2023 - Thursday, May 25th - Monday, 29th
RUMMAGE, YARD, & GARAGE SALE ORDINANCE
1. It shall be unlawful for any person, corporation, or entity to conduct any rummage, yard, or garage sale at any residential location without first complying with the provision of this Ordinance.2. Rummage, yard or garage sale shall be defined as the sale of any new, used, antique, or second-hand merchandise conducted in any yard, garage, home, building, or vacant lot within the City of Gladwin, Michigan.
3. Before any sale under Section 2 shall be permitted, a permit shall be obtained from the City of Gladwin and the fee as prescribed by the City Council shall be paid.
4. The permit shall state the date or dates and the time the sale shall be permitted and shall be publicly displayed at the site of the sale.
5. The City Council may designate a specified weekend as a City-wide rummage, yard, and garage sale. This shall be a voluntary, permit-free weekend consisting of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. (No commercial sales or vendors)
6. No more than one (1) sale shall be permitted at any one location within a three (3) month period. Sales conducted during the permit-free weekend shall not be subject to this Section.
7. The permit shall be for no more than five (5) consecutive days.
8. Any and all signs posted for sale shall display the permit number and be removed prior to the expiration time set forth on the permit.
9. The permit applicant shall pay such additional fees as prescribed by the City Council for the failure to remove such signs.
10. Any person convicted of a violation of this Ordinance shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by a $100.00 fine or imprisonment of 90 days in jail or both fine and imprisonment.
By Order of Gladwin City Council